Monday, May 6, 2024

monday's mulling: the 2 grandsons in 2 weeks tour

It's been a fun, busy, emotional, and exhausting couple of weeks. Week 1 we were in Cleveland babysitting our first grandson. He is almost 2 years old, a bundle of energy, and seeing the world through this little guy's eyes sure keeps one young at heart. I managed to keep up with my blogs posts for that week.

Week 2 took us to Chicago for our 2 1/2 month old grandson's heart surgery. I had a few posts planned, got a couple out, but my heart just wasn't up to keeping up with House Dust and Wanderlust. 

We got home Sunday around 7 p.m. T wanted to cut the grass based on the weeklong rain forecast. Quite a few weeds had popped up in the gardens. I needed a little dig-in-the-dirt therapy and that's when the inspiration hit me. This week's posts will center around the heart - its idioms, its strengths, its importance to life and in life.


While in Chicago, we stayed at my daughter and son-in-law's home. On our last day there, we took the dog for a walk and I found a penny on the sidewalk right outside their place. The adage, "See a penny, pick it up, All the day you'll have good luck," popped into my head. My whole-hearted wish with this penny was for my grandson's speedy recovery and good health.

I did this Zentangle today to help me unwind from and process "The 2 Grandsons in 2 Weeks Tour." One thing is for sure, those little boys sure do fill my heart with unending joy.

1 comment:

  1. You've been very busy these last two weeks but it sounds like a "good" busy.

    ReplyDelete