Wednesday, August 31, 2022

wordy wednesday...august appreciation {august 31, 2022}

In June I decided that my end of month post would be to look back and be grateful for the good things that happened during the month. This is my 3rd EOM post and it just happens to fall on Wordy Wednesday.

* The neck pin in my Kitchen Aid mixer fell out and thanks to persistence and YouTube videos, I fixed it all by myself!

* T and I celebrated our 42nd wedding anniversary!

* Dinner and a show...wonderful dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Meadowlark, and then on to see Jesus Christ Superstar. 

* Little grandson and his dad come to visit for a weekend.

* A trip to Dayton for a dentist appointment (no return visits needed), watch the river fountains go off over the Great Miami River, view the Tree of Life Memorial dedicated to the Oregon District shooting victims, and finding a street penny downtown.


* Two weekends in a row that the little grandson visits!

* Dayton Dragons game with my brother and sister-in-law.

* Hikes at Quarry Trails MetroPark.

* Taking a backroads drive through rural Ohio to Findlay. 

* Used my FuelPerks ($1.30/gallon) points to fill up my car. Spent a total of $39.52 for 16.7 gallons of gas!

* Seeing a rolling cloud formation and doing some research to find out what it was all about.



* Grandpuppy Clark staying with us for a week

* Going to the concrete cornfield on Frantz Road.



* A stroll through Goodale Park

* My niece gave birth to her 3rd son on the 17th.

* Little grandson turned 2 months on the 18th. I love this photo...the big toothless smile makes my heart smile. "Sweet Child O' Mine" was my son's and my Mother/Son dance at his wedding almost four years ago. Love, love, LOVE this sweet grandchild o' mine.

* My daughter's end of the month birthday

* My mother-in-law died on August 12, 2022, from complications due to dementia and living a long life just short 99 years of age. Her Memorial Mass of Christian Burial, our final farewell to her, was at the old St. Michael’s church in downtown Findlay. She loved that church. Whenever she talked about St. Michael’s, she always found a way to mention that all three of her children were married there. Surrounding her altar were vases and each filled with a dozen red roses. That love story story goes back to 1943. Her then fiance left for his WWII service in the South Pacific on January
22, 1943, and he made arrangements with the local florist to deliver a dozen red roses to the love of his life on the 22nd of every month until he returned home. I'll bet you he greeted her with dozens of red roses when she passed through the heavenly gates!




No comments:

Post a Comment