Thursday, August 18, 2022

spring mix {august 18, 2022}


OMG and LOL...This is happening right now in my veggie bin!

Last week at the dentist, in between having my teeth flossed, cleaned, scraped, and polished, the hygienist and I had a conversation about dinner salads - salads that are a meal rather than a side. I have a trusty go-to Asian chicken salad but wanted to do something different, a different flavor profile. Southwest chicken salad sounded good. A quick stop at the grocery last Wednesday filled my fridge with all the needed ingredients, including two bags of spring mix lettuces.

Then life happened. T wasn't in the mood for a dinner salad, little grandson and his parents were in town for a visit, after a busy weekend we DoorDashed, my brother was going to stay for a couple days but then didn't have to, and now T is on a boys' trip. Almost a week later, the opportunity for Southwest chicken salad is here and that will cover some lunches and dinners for me. And if the spring mix isn't used in the next three days, the bunnies in the back yard will be very happy.

💙 💙 💙 💙 💙 💙 💙 💙 💙 💙 💙 💙 💙 💙 💙 💙 💙 💙 💙 💙


On a happy note, sweet little grandchild o' mine is 2 months old today. I love this photo for so many reasons, one of them being "Sweet Child O' Mine" (the Sheryl Crow version) was my son's and my Mother/Son dance at his wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment