Friday, July 28, 2023

the friday feed: fruit dip

Back in the day when recipes were published in newspapers and people cut them out to keep in their recipe box or tuck them into a cookbook, my mom found a recipe for fruit dip. It tastes like cheesecake. My kids loved and still love fruit and Grandma's fruit dip quickly elevated it to high class status.

Mom passed the recipe on to me. The kids' friends raved about the fruit dip at my  house; I passed it along to their moms. (How I wish I had that recipe she cut from the newspaper).

Now I'm passing the recipe along to those kids who played at my house and who are now parents.

At my daughter's bridal shower last Saturday, little Vivienne asked me if I brought any fruit dip. (I had given some to her mom a little while ago and Viv just loved it). I told her, "Not today," but knew that her birthday was Wednesday and she would get her very own special dish. 

Happy 7th Birthday, sweet girl. May this day be as beautiful as you are. Maybe one of these days your mom will make it when your friends are playing at your house. 💜


Fruit Dip


1 block of cream cheese

1-7 oz. container of marshmallow cream

1/2 t. milk

1/4 t. vanilla or almond extract

(For this special batch I used Fiori di Sicilia. Two drops was plenty)



2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Have you seen the new book, Baking Yesteryear by B. Dylan Hollis? It is a scream, he has a YouTube channel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds very good. I wish I had a couple of the original recipes my mother used to make. She cut many of them out of Sunset magazine.

    ReplyDelete