Saturday, July 15, 2023

office views {july 15, 2023}

Being retired, I work where I want and when I want. Right now my jobs are seasonal, volunteering a couple days a week to keep the gardens up at the downtown MetroParks and then my job at the farmer's market. I love these jobs. They're outside, I work with nice people, people thank us for what we do, and the views are special. A couple of the MetroParks are along the Great Miami River and during the summer the River fountains spray arcs of water hourly. It's so much fun to hear the initial whoosh, a few spurts as the water gets to full force, and then see the four river bank fountains arch to the the middle one.




The farm's views are full of fields, trays of veggies, and the small but busy parking lot. One of my favorite views is to look out over the rows of sunflowers at the barn. In 2020, an artist painted sunflowers and bees on the side of the barn. The mural is a tip of the hat to Mr. Treadway, who died in 2019. Bees and sunflowers bring smiles and sweetness to people. That was also the summer of COVID, where people flocked to our little market. It was a refuge where we followed all the protocols, masking and distancing.

Another favorite view is the couple of rows of zinnias that are planted just for kids. It's kind of like getting a kids cookie at the grocery store but instead the kids can pick out the zinnia they want and we'll cut it for them. Choosing the perfect color sometimes is a monumental decision! Treadway Gardens has been in business for 54 years now, so moms and dads who picked out a flower are now bringing their little ones to do the same.




2 comments:

  1. This sounds like an idyllic spot. I love that water feature. That would be a great view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great office views. I can see daylight from my office, but no view. I am looking forward to working when and where I want.

    ReplyDelete