Sunday, May 14, 2023

mother's day {may 14, 2023}



A 26-year old woman with her 4 1/2 month old daughter celebrating her first Mother's Day in Neubrucke, Germany, thousands of miles away from her family. 

After returning from Germany, my dad began his 35 year career with Sears and moved his family to 7 different cities. For each move, Mom unpacked the boxes, set up the new house, and got dinner on the table in record time. She loved a comfortable, organized home which was a base and welcoming place for family and friends. 

Growing up, I didn't understand the scope of what my mom did. When I became a mother, I got it. She was one remarkable lady.

🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻

“To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” ~ Maya Angelou


No comments:

Post a Comment