Monday, February 20, 2023

monday's mulling: brain health {february 20, 2023}

My mom's side of the family has a history of Alzheimer's. My great-grandma, grandma, and mom all left this earth from complications with Alzheimer's and even though I have no idea what's ahead of me, it's something that I think and sometimes worry about.

I am a firm believer in food as medicine and that food choices are one of the prescriptions that impact brain health.. A healthy diet along with exercise can keep many health problems at bay.

As Dr. Annie Fenn, the author of the cookbook  The Brain Health Kitchen says, It’s time to be proactive about your brain health, no matter how old or young you are. And it all starts in the kitchen."

My son gave this cookbook to me for Christmas. I've had fun with it: reading, learning, and cooking.

1 comment:

  1. I know two Alzheimer's researchers that are involved in clinical trials, and for the first time both of them are optimistic about treatments in the pipeline. That being said, staying healthy, staying active, learning new things, seems to create a cognitive reserve.

    ReplyDelete