Tuesday, February 21, 2023

license plate game {february 21, 2023}

Back in the day of family road trips where Dad did the driving and Mom's main job was to keep the kids occupied, she kept us busy with car games. She started the trip by handing each one of us a piece of paper and a pencil so we could draw or play the license plate game. Her object was to keep us focused on something, license plates or drawing, keeping everyone distracted from whomever was hogging the seat or looking at someone the wrong way. It sure beat Slug Bug!

Last week I started playing the license plate game when a Hawaii plate caught my eye. A Hawaii plate in Dayton, OH! This is a perfect game for those who love to see the details in the things around them (me 😁). In a few days, I had found 11 plates. Then we went to Chicago and walking around Lincoln Park I found 33 new plates, including Washington DC, in an hour's time. Currently eight more to go: Arkansas, Delaware, Idaho, Nebraska, North Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Wyoming.


When we went to Europe in 2019, the EU license plates caught my eye and it became my mission to find all of those plates. My brother, sister-in-law, and T rolled their eyes but it didn't take them long to jump into the license plate game European style.


No comments:

Post a Comment