Thursday, February 9, 2023

doody calls {february 9, 2023}


On an afternoon walk with a gentle breeze blowing, a bag fluttering in the brush caught my eye. As I got closer, I couldn't believe it. A dog walker had tied their dog's poop bag in the tree. 

Back in the day when I had dogs and took them on their daily walks, I was very conscientious about picking up their poop when they dropped one. It's a common courtesy and no big deal to carry the bag back to the house and toss it in the garbage can. 

Dog waste carries harmful microorganisms that can have a major impact on other dogs, wildlife, and the environment. Many people think that dog poop is a natural fertilizer. It's not. Most dogs' diets are high in protein and it has the reverse effect of fertilizer. It burns the grass out.

There are a lot of uninformed, misinformed, and downright lazy dog owners out there. C'mon people, do your duty and pick up that doody!

No comments:

Post a Comment