Thursday, January 12, 2023

walking in the rain {january 12, 2023}

It’s January. As the days draw in and the temperature falls, most of us hang up our walking boots. This is my first week of the Frozen Feet Challenge, where participants get outside everyday and walk or run at least one mile. It rained all day today. It would have been so easy to be put off by the inclement weather but I put on my big girl rain boots, grabbed my umbrella, and took a two mile walk. The outdoors was very peaceful and the air was so refreshing. Then the little kid in me came out and I stomped in a couple big puddles. Joy!


☔ ☔ ☔ ☔ ☔ ☔ ☔ ☔ ☔ ☔ ☔ ☔ ☔ ☔ ☔ ☔ 


Puddles

by Karen R. Sanderson


The puddle prompts a memory

of a simmering summer day

After the rain

A perfect rainbow arced across the sky

A little boy skipped, hopped, and jumped in

He scooped up the mud and smeared it

on scrawny arms and knobby knees

His smile shined through

His giggles, too,

The puddle reflects my face

and sees my memory

I jump in with both feet 

1 comment: