Saturday, January 28, 2023

january's last saturday {january 28, 2023}


A lovely good morning sunrise that has turned into a sky filled with gray clouds.


It's garden planning time. I've been looking through the seed catalogs, dreaming big, and could fill my entire yard with all sorts of cool looking radishes and carrots, white eggplant, a variety of lettuces, beans, peppers, the list goes on and on. I know I want to plant zucchini costata Romanesco (it's meatier and has a nuttier flavor than the zucchini that fills the grocery shelves and farmers' market stands), some colorful cherry tomato plants, herbs, and a couple other things that have yet to be decided.

And I do love being in the garden, seeing the plants grow, digging in the dirt (I don't wear gloves...love to get dirt under my fingernails!), the first picking and tossing cherry tomatoes into my mouth as I walk to the kitchen, eating fresh produce, and sharing produce. Did you know that August 8 is National Sneak Zucchini on Your Neighbor's Porch Day? Can't wait to participate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment