Thursday, January 26, 2023

v8 {january 26, 2023}

William Gilbert Peacock was a passionate entrepreneur, bringing delicious affordable vegetable nutrition to market during the food crisis of The Great Depression. In 1933, he and his son sought to make sure that everyone was able to have the benefits of vegetables in their diet and that nutrition was accessible to all.

Through trial and error and a basement full of veggies they juiced and blended, all by hand, many different varieties until they found the perfect mixture of tomato and seven other vegetables. Just like that V8 was born: delicious juice blends and accessible nutrition.

I like to keep a few small cans of V8 in my pantry and typically find them on the shelves at the grocery store. The other day V8 cans were on my list, I was ready to grab a few, and they weren't there. Nothing! In their place were V8 Energy Drinks that took up lots of shelf space. 

V8 Energy is described as a delicious, refreshing juice beverage that is powered by natural tea, provides one combined serving of vegetables and fruit, and is made with real juice. It's a far cry from the original V8. I don't care for other energy drinks like Red Bull and Monster. Those make my teeth hurt. Wonder if V8 Energy is similar? I'm not curious enough to try one.

No comments:

Post a Comment