Sunday, June 5, 2022

outnumbered {june 5, 2022}


My bachelor's degree is in English with emphases in Spanish and Political Science. Spring term of my senior year, when all of my graduation requirements were fulfilled and seniors take "cake" classes to enjoy their last days of college, I thought it would be a good idea to take Accounting 101. I wanted to expand my horizons and I knew I would not have to research and write another paper. Talk about being a fish out of water...Give me researching and writing any day.  BUT, thanks to T (he was a 4.0 accounting major) and the file of past accounting exams stored at my sorority house, I passed the class with an A. It sure wasn't an easy A.

Our trip to Tennessee...I was in the company of three CPAs. One would think that spending a few days with three accountants would be a little taxing but let me tell you, they are the LIFO the party! There were times when they tossed around scenarios and amazed me with their collective knowledge. These good people with good hearts maintained the balance and counted me in on the conversation even though my lack of interest (and knowledge) was rather obvious. And that's as good as it nets 😊



 

1 comment:

  1. Numbers people's brains are wired differently, bright, fun, and different than words people.

    ReplyDelete