Monday, June 13, 2022

foiled twice {june 13, 2022}

The Fountain of Lights at Riverscape Metropark in Dayton is one of the largest fountains in the world. The fountains operate for 8-minute intervals starting at the top of every hour from 6:56am – 9:54pm weekdays from Memorial Day until Labor Day. The series of five fountains standing about 60 feet each shoot water over 200 feet high and over 400 feet across the confluence of the Great Miami and Mad Rivers. It's an amazing spectacle that can be seen miles away and up close and personal with all the spray. 


I love these fountains and so far have had two foiled attempts to see them. The first time I went downtown a thunderstorm quickly blew in and shut the fountains down. I got soaked running back to the car but at least I got to see them.



My next time downtown was on a beautiful day, I positioned myself at Deeds Point to get all five of the fountains and the skyline backdrop. The wind picked up, one of the fountains squirted for about 3 seconds, and then stopped. Oy. At least there's plenty of time for more visits.


You can barely see the fountain's water (by the bridge, middle of the pic) but it's there. I'll be back...


No comments:

Post a Comment