Tuesday, June 14, 2022

flag day {june 14, 2022}

Flag Day is a celebration of the American flag. It is done as a remembrance of the introduction of the country's first flag on June 14, 1777, as the official American flag by the Continental Congress.


The Continental Congress introduced the American flag at a time when the country was in the middle of the Revolutionary War, and almost every colony had its own flag.


The Declaration of Independence made it absolutely necessary to introduce the universal American flag. On June 14, 1777, Congress made a resolution outlining the purpose of a national flag for 13 colonies.









I'm a cranky hanky panky
I'm a dead square honest Yankee
And I'm mighty proud of that old flag
That flies for Uncle Sam
Though I don't believe in raving
Ev'ry time I see it waving
There's a chill runs up my back
That makes me glad I'm what I am
Here's a land with a million soldiers
That's if we should need 'em
We'll fight for freedom!
Hurrah! Hurrah! For ev'ry Yankee tar
And old G.A.R.
Ev'ry stripe, ev'ry star
Red, white and blue
Hats off to you
Honest, you're a grand old flag ~

"You're a Grand Old Flag," by George M Cohan
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ 

             ✦ Today is also the birthday for the United States Army, June 14, 1775.

 ✦ The Strawberry Supermoon lights up the sky tonight.

 ✦ Two weeks from today is my grandson's projected due date!

No comments:

Post a Comment