Wednesday, August 30, 2023

wordy wednesday: super blue moon {august 30, 2023}

Photo: Five Rivers MetroParks

As August wraps up, a rare super blue moon will shine in tonight's sky.

August 1 already featured a supermoon, but tonight's moon is the second full supermoon of the month which also makes it a blue moon.  Tonight's supermoon is the third of four consecutive supermoons in 2023. The fourth will be the Harvest Moon on September 28.

Anyway, so much for astronomy. 

Today my daughter celebrates her birthday! She is pregnant with her first child and a little while ago she asked me if I thought she was going to have a boy or a girl. I had just read about this super blue moon happening on her birthday, so my prediction was boy. She and her husband found out a couple weeks ago that their baby is a boy. I'm over-the-moon excited for them and already love this little guy to the moon and back! 



1 comment: