Saturday, August 5, 2023

moonrise {august 5, 2023}

August is an exciting month for moon lovers, with this summer month opening and closing with supermoons. The Full Sturgeon Moon rose on August 1, and the month will close with the Full Blue Moon on August 30. 

On August 1 and 2, I watched the big orange ball of moon rise over the trees, tried to take a few photos, and they came nowhere close to depicting the beauty in the sky. So I sat on my porch and enjoyed the celestial moment.

On a quick trip to a friend's lake house, we sat on the porch and watched the waning full moon rise over Snow Lake. The reflections from the moon, the house lights, the blinking red lights on the tower, created such a beautiful moment and I had to try again to capture this beautiful scene with my iPhone. I caught the moment and and you can use your imagination to figure out how beautiful it was. It's a reminder of a peaceful, easy feeling sharing laughs and a good glass of Scotch (wine for me) with friends and family.




The next supermoon will rise on August 30. It's called the Super Blue Full Moon. August 30 is my daughter's birthday, she is pregnant with her first child and the baby is due in February. I predict a little grandson 💙



No comments:

Post a Comment