Tuesday, August 15, 2023

inchworm {august 15, 2023}

The little inchworm on this cantaloupe took me back to my childhood watching the movie "Hans Christian Andersen" and I vividly remember Danny Kaye singing the "Inchworm" song. The melody was very gentle and a bit haunting. I also remember "Copenhagen" and "Thumbelina." Good movie...I'll see if it's streaming somewhere.

The inchworm likes to measure the marigolds. The lyrics suggest that he is good with arithmetic and will probably go far. The song encourages people to stop and appreciate the beauty of the marigolds. Carpe diem.

Two and two are fourFour and four are eightEight and eight are sixteenSixteen and sixteen are thirty-two
Inchworm, inchworm (two and two are four)Measuring the marigolds (four and four are eight)You and your arithmetic (eight and eight are sixteen)You'll probably go far (sixteen and sixteen are thirty-two)
Inchworm, inchworm (two and two are four)Measuring the marigolds (four and four are eight)Seems to me, you'd stop and see (eight and eight are sixteen)How beautiful they are (sixteen and sixteen are thirty-two)
Inchworm, inchwormMeasuring the marigoldsYou and your arithmeticYou'll probably go far
Inchworm, inchworm (two and two are four)Measuring the marigolds (four and four are eight)Seems to me, you'd stop and see (eight and eight are sixteen)How beautiful they are (sixteen and sixteen are thirty-two)
Two and two are fourFour and four are eightSeems to me, you'd stop and see (eight and eight are sixteen)How beautiful they are (sixteen and sixteen are thirty-two)
Seems to me, you'd stop and see (eight and eight are sixteen)How beautiful they are (sixteen and sixteen are thirty-two)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment