Monday, November 21, 2022

the last pumpkin spice post of 2022 {november 21, 2022}

And in Monday's starting line up you have the pumpkin spice quartet consisting of cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. I'm not much of a pie baker. T likes pie, especially pumpkin pie, and he asked if I would make pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving.

I've eaten a lot of pumpkin pie in my life; my all time favorite recipe is my mom's. And I'm not saying that because it's Mom's recipe. She has a good spice balance where none of the spices dominate and she omitted the ginger. It's been a well-loved recipe over the years and it's her handwriting. 

"I love Thanksgiving because it is a holiday centered around food and family, two things that are of utmost importance to me." ~ Marcus Samuelsson

Here's to tradition, to the real pumpkin spice, to family, to love, and to gratitude.



No comments:

Post a Comment