Thursday, April 14, 2022

thursday thoughts {april 14, 2022}

Nine days until daughter's wedding and it's time to tie up loose ends. Lots of driving to pick up my dress from the seamtress, numerous trips to the printer for table numbers, place cards and other signage, a visit to the wonderful woman who makes my gray highlights magically disappear, Costco for goodies to put in the welcome bags at the hotel. Details, details...

The other day while highway driving, the dark clouds came in and the sky opened up, first with the big splatty raindrops and then buckets of water. My windshield wipers couldn't keep up with the deluge. As I was following the highway's slow lane edge line, AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" came on the radio. Made me LOL and slightly loosened the white knuckle grip on the steering wheel. Later on that day and keeping with the highway theme, Rascal Flatts' "Life Is a Highway" played. "Life is a highway, I wanna drive it all night long..." The music fit the day.


Burpee Seed Company is having a promotion, Sunflowers for SOLIDARITY, until April 17. All proceeds from sunflower seed sales will be donated to the Red Cross and International Rescue Committee to aid in relief efforts for Ukraine. It's National Gardening Day, too, so another coming together of signs to do something. 🌻 My heart breaks for the Ukrainian people. Flowers and food are two of my interests. Both flowers and food bring comfort to people so my hope is that this small purchase from Burpee and a donation to World Central Kitchen will bring some comfort to the people of this war-torn country. 🌻


"Flowers make it better." ~ Frank Treadway


No comments:

Post a Comment