Saturday, April 2, 2022

"ted" thousand steps {april 2, 2022}

One year ago on April 2, 2021, my big dog Ted and I took an early morning walk around downtown Dayton. It was Good Friday, T and I were going to Cleveland to spend Easter weekend with our son and daughter-in-law, and Ted was would go to the kennel for his weekend stay. I loved our early morning downtown walks when it was still quiet but the world was beginning to wake up. This morning was particularly lovely and even though T asked that we not be out too long, Ted and I took our time and savored the peaceful onset of the new day. Some things just can't be rushed when a big dog controls the pace.



Random thoughts as we walked around downtown:

Roosters cock-a-doodle-do when the sun rises on the farm; urban geese honk away on the rooftop at 8:00 a.m.


⁕ “It is a beautiful and delightful sight to behold the body of the Moon.” — Galileo Galilei

 

"Every day is a good day; it's what you make of it."

~ Ron the parking lot attendant

 

⁕ "It's gonna be a bright, bright, bright sunshiny day."

~ Johnny Nash



We got back to the apartment, packed the car and headed to the kennel. Ted got his enthusiastic greeting, "TED!!!" I gave him a big hug and told him that I loved him. T and I headed to Cleveland for the weekend with our youngest and oldest sons. That morning's walk was the last walk I had with my big guy. Ted was epileptic, he started seizing at the kennel, the kennel staff got him to an emergency clinic, but his seizures did not stop and we had to euthanize him 3 days later. My heart was broken.

One of my walking goals was to make my daily quota of steps to this day to honor my big Teddy, my best walking bud. Today was for you, big doggy.

1 comment: