Monday, April 18, 2022

breathe deep {april 18, 2022}

The blessings (or possibly the curse) of being an English major, word nerd, no-typos-in-my-paper-writing perfectionist...

Daughter's wedding is this Saturday and we're giving welcome bags to the out-of-town guests staying at the hotel. My daughter asked me to write the note welcoming the guests to Chicago. After lots of rewrites, it was time to take the notes for to the printer. I had proofed and proofed and proofed that note. All good. The notes were copied, I was trimming them and there it was. I omitted one little, itty bitty word. Damn. I thought to myself, "Di, let it go. The guests are interested in what's in the goody bag, not the note." I let it go for two days. I tossed and turned that second night. I told T that it's worth the $8.00 to reprint them.

Can you find the missing word?

Next skill to be put to use, alphabetizing 200 table place cards. A Google spread sheet, index cards, legal pads, a pen and orange highlighter got these cards for each table's cards being kept in its own a Baggie to an alphabetized line up placed in a cute little box for transportation to Chicago. 



The devil is in the details. Did you know that this idiom comes from the earlier phrase "God is in the details"? It expresses the idea that whatever one does should be done thoroughly; that is, details are important. Tuck that little bit of trivia away to dazzle a conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment