Tuesday, October 15, 2024

smh (shaking my head)

People get vanity plates to celebrate something interesting about the car or its driver. They are intended as conversation starters. Sometimes they are inside jokes that most people won't get. Sometimes they are easier to figure out. Overall, vanity plates are a way for individuals to express their identity, interests, and values through their vehicles.

So what does MRS WTF say about this soccer mom who drives her kids to and from practices and to soccer games? Perhaps WTF is her husband's or partner's or her initials. Or is this what she yells at the refs when she doesn't agree with a call? Maybe it's an inside joke of some sort.

Me, I don't have a specialized license plate, just an everyday plate from the BMV which needs its renewal in the next few weeks. 


4 comments:

  1. There was a restaurant near my office, Woodford Table Food, or WTF, the service was terrible and we all used WTF to mean something other an as intended (it closed within a couple of years and is now a Cheesecake Factory.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that restaurant, too, but not in DC, and noticed the WTF as well. Definitely an eye catcher.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm...that does make one wonder. No specialized plates on my car either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that WTF is readily used in daily conversation, but what boggles my mind is that she's hauling kids around and her license plate condones its usage. Different generations, I guess.

      Delete