Monday, October 7, 2024

monday's mulling: where am i?


Poor sense of direction. Directionally challenged. Topographical disorientation.

That's me. Even with a map and GPS I go on lots of "adventures." 

If I'm in a time crunch and turned around, frustration with my lack of directional skills sets in quickly. The destination matters.

But when there's time and room for some margin of error, that's where the wanderlust comes in. Getting lost or taking the long way from point A to point B doesn't bother me. Finding a street mural or hidden alley or cool little patio to have a glass of wine to study the map or hearing a bagpiper playing on a nearby corner - the list could go on and on. In this instance, it’s not the destination that matters, it’s the journey!


 


2 comments:

  1. Some of the best finds, are around the corner where you would never look if you didn't get lost from time to time.

    ReplyDelete