Wednesday, July 31, 2024

wednesdays words and wanderings and wonderings

Todd and I spent this past weekend in Cleveland with our two year old grandson while his parents went to an out-of-town wedding. We had a blast with our little non-stop bundle of energy!


  • Our little guy loves to help Grandpa cut the grass and when he got bored with that, he and Didi picked up sticks to put on the stick pile. 
  • My boss at the farmer's market sent some sunflowers to Cleveland for my little buddy and me to plant. He made sure they got plenty of water and he also discovered the joy of drinking water out of the hose.
  • It was hot and that little swimming pool sure got a lot of use. I remember those summertime days playing in the backyard pool filled with water fresh out of the hose. It was so cold but that didn't stop me back in the day and it didn't stop Little Grandson from jumping in and making the biggest splashes those little legs could muster. I put my feet in the pool and it felt much colder than I remembered!
  • French toast for breakfast. Little man wasn't too interested in eating so Mr. Rhinoceros encouraged him along.


The Pout-Pout Fish. I lost count of the number of times my little guy brought it to me to read. Having him sit on my lap and settle in to hear his new favorite book warmed my heart. This was our time and there was nothing more important than this moment.

Little people bring big blessings and we are so very blessed. 



3 comments:

  1. A weekend surrounded by love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend with your grandson. You made some great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS; I just looked up the Stata Center. Great building. I had never seen it before.

    ReplyDelete