Tuesday, July 9, 2024

christmas in july...oy

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch...

Yes, a Christmas display on July 8. Christmas is 170 days away. What about Labor Day, opening games for football season, Halloween, Thanksgiving? Nothing like starting something way ahead of time.

My reason for going to the card shop...


My nephew turns 30 this week. To commemorate this monumental step into a new decade, I visited the  nearest card shop to buy the perfect 30th birthday card for him, one that has a great big 3-0 on it.

There were none to be found. None. 

I walked down every aisle looking for the 30th birthday section, the cashier checked every place she thought one would be, no luck. Long story short, I went to two other card stores and no 30-specific cards. Lots of cards for birthdays for years 1-13 and 40-100 but 30 was nowhere to be found, Weird.

I did find a nephew card so I'll add some hand made 30s, a heartfelt message, put a happy birthday stamp on the envelope, and post it tomorrow. No time to feel Grinchy about this celebration!



2 comments:

  1. I am pleased, but a little surprised, that card shops still exist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odd that there isn't one for turning 30. It's a big milestone.
    I think the Grinch stole Christmas and moved it to July.

    ReplyDelete