Thursday, November 23, 2023

giving thanks {november 23, 2023}

Ever since my family started growing with my son and daughter-in-law's wedding in 2018, I've been blessed to have all of my family together at the house at either Thanksgiving or Christmas. This is the year that everyone will be here for Christmas. Little grandson will be 18 months old and he will bring a little bit of Christmas magic to the gathering. 

Last year everyone was here for Thanksgiving and it was a momentous few days. My now son-in-law proposed to my daughter on T's birthday. An engagement party with an acknowledgement to a 65th birthday ensued. Thanksgiving was the next day and the table was filled with 10 people, lots of food and drink, and lots of laughter.

This Thanksgiving is a little quieter. My son and his girlfriend will be at the table with T and me. She is a nurse's aide at a local nursing home and works the 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. shift. We'll have dinner after her shift is over. There will be plenty of food and drink, laughter, and a birthday celebration! Today is T's birthday. 


Happy Birthday to this loyal Cleveland Browns fan, a DAWG who bleeds brown and orange. He’s been through it all, starting as a 7 year old kid watching the 1964 Championship onto The Kardiac Kids, The Mistake on the Lake, The Drive, The Fumble, The Move, Rebuilding Since 1999, Factory of Sadness, The Helmet, and like the Energizer Bunny, he keeps on going! No matter what the Browns do, one thing never changes: the Pittsburgh Steelers suck. 


Thanks for keeping my life colorful with all your orange and brown and keeping me on my toes but also keeping me grounded.


Happy Birthday, THouse! And now, 2 months and 1 week later, you're the same age as me!


❂ ❂ ❂ ❂ ❂ ❂ ❂ ❂ ❂ ❂ ❂ ❂ ❂ ❂ ❂ ❂


Give thanks for a little, and you will find a lot.

~ Hausa Proverb

1 comment: