Sunday, November 12, 2023

does anybody really know what time it is? {november 12, 2023}


Daylight Saving Time officially ended at 2:00 am on the last Sunday. In theory, "falling back" meant an extra hour of sleep last weekend.

Winston Churchill once described Daylight Saving Time like this: "An extra yawn one morning in the springtime, an extra snooze one night in the autumn… We borrow an hour one night in April; we pay it back with golden interest five months later."

In reality, many people don’t, or can’t, take advantage of the extra hour of sleep. The resulting shift in the body’s daily sleep-wake cycle can disrupt sleep for several days. That would be me. I need a couple more days to get into the rhythm of the new time change.

I would support the elimination of seasonal time changes if the opportunity would ever come up.

⏰ ⏰ ⏰ ⏰ ⏰ ⏰ ⏰ ⏰ ⏰ ⏰ ⏰ ⏰ ⏰ ⏰ ⏰ 

The post's title, Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is? I keep hearing the song's intro with Chicago's signature rock and roll with big horns and then that got me to thinking about songs with the word "time" in the title. Here's a quick list of 10:

  • Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is? by Chicago
  • Time by Hootie and the Blowfish
  • Love Me Two Times by The Doors
  • Too Much Time on My Hands by Styx
  • Time of the Seasons by The Zombies
  • Only Time Will Tell by Asia
  • TIme in a Bottle by Jim Croce
  • I’ve Had the Time of My Life by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes
  • Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day
  • Old Time Rock and roll by Bob Seger

2 comments:

  1. A couple of old favorites in the list. I also would vote to stop changing the clocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I immediately thought of Time in a Bottle when you mentioned the list. I loved that song. Here in Arizona, we don't participate in Daylight Savings Time. When temperatures exceed 115 degrees for days in a row, the last thing we need is another hour of sunshine. So we skip it entirely. It's a hassle when setting up meetings with people in other states and it makes a flight to the east coast seem to take all day but it works for us.

    ReplyDelete