Wednesday, April 19, 2023

wordy wednesday...primavista {april 19, 2023}

Primavista...Italian for first look or first glance.

First looks bring back lots of good memories. The first time I saw the Grand Canyon, I was awestruck at its beauty and magnitude. The first time I saw the bright blue Caribbean Sea from the window of an airplane; it was the most magnificent blue I had ever seen.  The first time I saw the Hawaiian islands from an airplane; I was amazed that the island chain looked just like it did on a map. The first time I saw and held each one of my children, I was overcome with so much emotion that these little beings grew inside of me and then he or she was in my arms. The first time I saw and held my little grandson, filled me with so much love that my son and daughter-in-law are parents and my long awaited wish of being a grandma came true. This wasn't a tradition when T and I got married, but the first look for a bride and groom is a very special and intimate moment right before they become a married couple. Two of my kids have done first looks and the third will happen in a few months.

We took a quick overnight trip to Cincinnati and ate dinner at Primavista, which claims to have the best view of any restaurant in Cincinnati. Let me tell you, that first look of the city view, as well as the food and service, did not disappoint. We had a seat by one of the floor to ceiling windows and for a couple hours enjoyed the view as the lights of the city started to twinkle while the sun set.




No comments:

Post a Comment