Thursday, April 13, 2023

hello, old friend {april 13, 2023}


Hello, my old friend! I've had this bike a really long time and this is the first time I've ridden it in years. Eight years ago I bought a road bike and that became my go-to. The road bike has the handlebars that curve under and in the past few years my shoulders and neck got tired and sore from riding hunched over. 

Today I took "Old Faithful" out for a spin and whew...what a workout! It's been over two years since I've ridden my bike regularly and my legs sure did feel it. The differences in bikes were obvious. The road bike could be compared to a fine German engineered automobile and this mountain bike is equivalent to a Chevy truck. Mind you I have driven both and I like both.

But what I loved was gliding along the roads at my own pace, the wind blowing in my face, the sun shining on my arms, breathing in (and at times huffing and puffing) the fresh air. Such a sense of adventure and exploration.

🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that's pretty close. ~ Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment