Saturday, September 24, 2022

midnight roma tomatoes {september 24, 2022}

Proud of myself. My most favorite grocery had these gorgeous Midnight Roma Tomatoes on display and I, being the sucker I am for different, colorful veggies, did not buy them. I think the saving grace was the packaging. If they had been sold individually, I would have purchased a couple.


The deep purple-red color is gorgeous! Forget about what you've heard about midnight in Paris. This is all about the glamor of midnight in Roma! This is not an Italian tomato. The Midnight Roma got its start in the U.S., officially hailing from Corvallis, Oregon, the home of Oregon State University. 

If these beauties are still available next time I meander through the produce department, it's a safe bet they will end up in my shopping cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment