Monday, August 3, 2026

monday's mulling: spam

Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam…


I don’t know about you but every day my phone gets hit with spam messages, mainly from political parties. The messages don’t have my name right. I’m Linda S., Russell, lots of incorrect names asking for money to help further their political campaigns. 


Hit the delete and report spam button.


Every so often “Apple” sends an alert that an unauthorized charge was put on my account. A few years back my daughter responded to a text like this and then had to go through a messy process of canceling her credit card, changing account information and passwords.

This one gave me a chuckle and I really wanted to respond with some smart aleck answer like, “Thanks for the heads up but my dog’s been dead for six years.” I'm not going to engage with a spammer.




(The Spam display photo was taken in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport. Minnesota is the home of Hormel Foods, the parent company that makes SPAM.)

3 comments:

  1. The spammers and scammers are always trying

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I see the same thing and I delete, delete, delete. It seems like they are always coming up with some new way to trick people. So far, I've not fallen into any of their traps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been lucky so far ... but there's always a first time ... 🫤

    ReplyDelete