Monday, August 10, 2026

monday's mulling: does this happen to you?

Last week we vacationed with our son, daughter-in-law, and two grandchildren and stayed in an Airbnb. Andrew, Jen, and the kids traveled from Cleveland, we traveled from Dayton, and met in Ocean City, Maryland.

Traveling with little ones fills a car quickly. For our stay in the Airbnb, we had to supply the sheets and bath towels and I told the kids not to worry about those items. We packed those along with a variety of supplies from home: laundry detergent, dish soap, dishwasher detergent, plastic storage bags, aluminum foil, paper towels, dinner napkins, and a big cooler for beach days. Bringing those things meant fewer items to buy once we arrived and went grocery shopping. Our car was full, but not packed to the gills like Andrew and Jen’s!

We arrived home Saturday afternoon around 3:00 p.m. Todd promptly began unloading the car and I promptly began unpacking. Apparently, the post-road-trip adrenaline was running strong because I launched right into six loads of laundry: sheets, towels, and dirty clothes.

Well, all those clean, folded sheets and towels led to a little assessment of the linen closet. And this “assessment,” led to emptying the entire thing. 

By Sunday morning, the reorganization was underway. I found quite a collection of old towels, which moved to a basket in the laundry room to become our new cleaning-rag supply. I also found things to donate and rearranged the remaining “stuff.”

And now... there’s space in the linen closet!

Vacation is over. The laundry is done. The linen closet has been conquered. And now, I’m finally sitting down.

No comments:

Post a Comment