Sunday, April 7, 2024

orange cone season


The other day I needed to go downtown to take some information to the Social Security office. I took what I thought would be the quick back way to get to my close parking spot, but nope. The road was closed, orange barrels and detour signs directed traffic to an alternate route. Plan B was going well until orange barrels blocked the road. Plan C was foiled thanks to my now orange nemeses, and finally after going down and around and through an alley, I found a parking spot. 

When T and I lived downtown a few years ago, I took daily walks and found a lot of coins on the sidewalks. Now when I go downtown, I can't help but look for coins as I stroll along. It's harder now to find the street money as now the parking app is in place but as I walked back to my car, a shiny penny caught my eye and I picked it up. Funny how an unexpected one cent coin takes away the frustration of orange inconveniences.

And whenever I pick up a coin, that old saying pops into my head, "Find a penny, pick it up, and all day long you'll have good luck."

🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡

Today my parents would celebrate their 68th wedding anniversary. Dad died in 2002 and Mom in 2020. They met in college at Illinois Wesleyan University, dated for four years, and were married for 48 years before Dad passed away.

2 comments:

  1. People were remarking about how rough the roads were after a mild winter in Ohio. Hopefully construction season goes well this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have been repaving a road close to me for the past two weeks. I've seen many, many of those orange cones and barrels lately. However, I'm not going to complain. That road has needed repaving for the past 6 years. It's about time they got it done.

    ReplyDelete