Monday, April 1, 2024

monday's mulling: aaaahhhh-choo!


Mother Nature isn't April foolin' 

It's that time of year - the spring bloom burst - and the allergies kick in big time. Our winter was mild so the trees are budding and the flowers are blooming earlier. A trip to the pharmacy to stock up on allergy pills and eye drops has been made. There are times when my eyes itch so bad and I tell myself, "Don't touch your eyes, don't touch your eyes," but I do and they itch even more. 

But you know what? I'm not complaining. Once this initial blast of spring calms down, so do the allergies, and the sunshine and warmer temps make up for this temporary seasonal inconvenience.

4 comments:

  1. There was a wonderful sweet smell on the air yesterday on my walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deep breaths of spring air are so refreshing.

      Delete
  2. I've been sneezing like crazy for the past three weeks. We've had so much rain this spring that everything is blooming.

    ReplyDelete