Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wordy Wednesday {Wine}

Connections...they make life meaningful.

When I taught, I asked my students how they connected to the book they were reading. Did the book remind them of another book they had read or a movie they had seen? Could they relate to any of the characters? Did something in the book bring back a memory?

Fast forward from the classroom to today's grocery shopping. I love to browse in the wine shop and look at the labels on the bottles. And yes, I will buy a bottle of wine because I like the label. And that happened today.


The Stump Jump...an Australian sauvignon blanc. I like sauvignon blanc and the name made me smile. It connected me back to the days when I would visit my grandparents who lived on a farm outside of Bloomington, Illinois. My grandpa taught me a tongue twister and it went like this:

A skunk sat on a stump.
The stump said the the skunk stunk 
and the skunk said the stump stunk.

Grandpa could say the tongue twister really fast without any mistakes. I remember trying to say it with a top front tooth missing...that was a "dithathter!"

Cheers to childhood memories ~

No comments:

Post a Comment