Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wordy Wednesday {Waffles}

Homemade waffles...my mom made them for my brothers, sister and me when we were young. That tradition has passed on to my family. Waffles are a Sunday morning favorite.

I have used only one waffle recipe and it's from a Betty Crocker cookbook I received as a shower gift in 1980. The only waffle iron I have ever used is the one Hubs and I received as a wedding gift in 1980. (No cool touch lid on that "dinosaur!") It's always a game to try to get the perfect pour to end up with four perfect squares...this one came close!

And then to finish off the waffles, Vermont maple syrup from Dakin Farm. Pour the maple syrup on to fill each dimple...let it soak in for a few seconds...a little bit of heaven in each bite!






No comments:

Post a Comment