Friday, February 22, 2013

Ice, Ice Baby...


The winter storm that hammered the Great Plains states did not reach my neck of the woods here in Dayton, OH. We got freezing rain and a coating of ice. My dogs slipped on the front porch as they made their first trip to the yard this morning and now they give me that "Yeah, right" look when I open the door for them to go out again. The farthest I have ventured out today was to take a stroll around the yard. The icy grass crunched as I made my way around the house and snapped some photos. Last night, in anticipation of being house-bound, I went to the grocery store and bought ingredients to make pasta e fagioli soup...comfort food for a wintery day. I have a few chores to do, a book to read on my Kindle, some letters to write, and maybe even start a hairpin lace afghan. Who says staying at home is boring?









No comments:

Post a Comment