Friday, February 15, 2013

Have a Cookie ~

I have four kids so over the course of many years, I have had many "mom cars." My first mom car came after the birth of my son and it was a little navy blue Ford station wagon. It served its purpose well...got to child #3 with that one. 1990 came and #4 was on his way. Time to jump on the mini-van bandwagon. Hello, Dodge Caravan. The Caravan logged lots of miles and then the kids became involved in sports which took us to out-of-town tournaments. Hello, carpools and the big ole urban war wagon, the Chevy Suburban. I LOVED that truck! Lots of miles, lots of memories in that one. Then all at once, it was time for child #1 to go to college. We decided to downsize to a Chevy Tahoe. That Tahoe has hauled each kid and his or her stuff to college, moved college furniture to storage facilities and then back to the new college residence, trekked on many Spring Breaks, and yanked a few stubborn stumps out of the ground . It's my "baby," fondly nicknamed War Horse.

Backtrack a few years. My 27th wedding anniversary, my 50th birthday, and Christmas all came within a span of 5 months. My so very thoughtful husband who loves nice cars surprised me with a fun hard-top Lexus convertible for Christmas. I am a lucky girl. It's a great car (even though way down deep I am a truck girl).

My only beef with Lexus is that service is EXPENSIVE. One of my windshield wipers broke and after calling around town to find a non-Lexus place to replace it and having no luck, I took it to the dealer. The waiting area was just lovely, the bathroom had beautiful artwork and good smelling hand soap from Bath and Bodyworks, fresh cookies on a table. It was a lovely place to wait an hour and read.


The very nice service consultant directed me to the desk to pay my bill. $78.00 to replace both wipers. 

Ouch. 

Thanks for the cookie.



No comments:

Post a Comment