Welp… it’s already happening. It’s the second week of September, and here comes Christmas!
I needed some wrapping paper for a shower gift, and this is what greeted me at the Hallmark store: a mingling of Christmas and Halloween. Red and green mixing with orange, black, and gold. Quite the color combination. And FYI, Christmas is only 103 days away.
The Halloween/Christmas combo was the first thing that caught my eye. Then I headed to the wrapping paper section in search of something suitable for a bridal shower. Wrapping paper and ribbon used to cover a good portion of the walls, but that’s no longer the case. I wasn’t impressed with the wedding paper selections, so I chose a fun, colorful design instead.
The ribbon selection was even more scarce, but I managed to find a combination that would work. This was a bridal shower and ribbons are needed for the practice bouquet at the wedding rehearsal - and to keep up with the superstition of breaking ribbons while opening gifts to predict how many children will be in the couple’s future. (She broke three and one of them was my sabotaged ribbon 😁).


Card stores are an endangered species these days.
ReplyDeleteYou could make prints of your art and turn them into cards. What fun to be a recipient!
DeleteIt always seems like the retailers rush the seasons. I hadn't thought that much about the card stores but now that I think about it, the two I knew of are now closed.
ReplyDeleteI think, too, the reason for the smaller quantity of wrapping paper and ribbons/bows is that people prefer the gift bags.
DeleteI love the "old-fashioned" way of wrapping gifts with paper and ribbons. With Christmas pushed at us earlier each year, it has almost worn out its welcome when December arrives.
ReplyDeleteI love to wrap presents, too, and make the gifts pretty for the recipients.
Delete