Wednesday, September 16, 2026

wednesday's words and wanderings and wonderings

There's that quote..."Not all who wander are lost," and that's me. There are those times, though...


Alex the farm's bug-ologist, is a very talented young man. He taught himself to crochet and this is his current project. It's going to be a cover for his bed.


The sunflowers are slowly dying so I'm taking photos everytime I'm at the farm.  I love the flecks of yellow in the center of the flower and in the second, of course the bee and then the sun illuminating the furry stem.



The City of Kettering has started a food compost drop-off. I keep a little 1.3 gallon compost bucket by the kitchen sink and it fills up quickly! I do keep a larger bucket in the garage to maintain a once-a-week drop-off.


Another sign of fall...the arrival of pumpkins at the farm. These are the "Instagram" pumpkins; the everyday orange pumpkins will arrive soon.


Last Friday was Dayton's Greek Festival and we got our fill of gyros, dolmades, spanakopita, and loukoumades. We took a tour of the beautiful church. I wasn't in the best spot to take a photo of the main dome, thus the decapitation of Christ the Pantocrator.


And lastly, this guy and his watchful eye stand at a major intersection in town. I wish he could ticket all the red light runners!


1 comment:

  1. Those sunflowers are gorgeous and that's a great assortment of colorful pumpkins. I haven't seen any yet which is strange but I haven't been to the store in several days.

    ReplyDelete