Monday, December 26, 2022

oldie but goodie {december 26, 2022}


When we lived in Owensboro, KY, Mom and Dad packed up their four kids, ages 2, 3, 5, and 7, into the family station wagon and took us on a 36 mile trip to Santa Claus, IN to visit Santa. I remember lots of people standing in line to talk to talk to the big guy, clamming up when Santa asked me what I wanted for Christmas (I'm the oldest and believed in Santa for a long time), and just being in awe of a place that was named after Santa Claus.

So my mind wandered to/wondered about other towns with a Christmas connection. Here's what I found:

North Pole, New York

North Pole, Alaska

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

Bethlehem, North Carolina

Santa Claus, Indiana

Santa Claus, Georgia

Santa Claus, Arizona

Santa, Idaho

Donner Lake, California

Christmas Cove, Maine

Christmas Valley, Oregon

Christmas, Florida

Christmas, Michigan

Nazareth, Pennsylvania

Rudolph, Wisconsin

Snowflake, Arizona

Mistletoe, Kentucky

Noel, Missouri

Garland, Texas


It would be fun to send Christmas cards from one of these towns to get the cancellation stamp on the envelope. A little more spirit of Christmas!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment