Saturday, October 29, 2022

the witch of bethesda terrace {october 29, 2022}

Prior to our trip to NYC, I had seen a post on Instagram about a witch carving on one of the stone posts at the Bethesda Terrace in Central Park. I put it in my notes of “Things to Find.” It’s easy for little details to go unnoticed, especially in a place as big as Central Park. Bethesda Terrace is an iconic, two-level point of interest with so many stunning visuals: the fountain, the lake, the boats, the Minton Tiles, the musicians, the people roaming around. It’s so easy to get sucked into all of that and consequently overlook the details.



At the top of the Bethesda Terrace and at the north end of the Central Park Mall, right before the staircase that can suck you into the tiles of the Bethesda Arcade, go the to the western pier. Here’s where you’ll find two stone posts. The Witch flies on the western face of the western post and at this time of year is a bewitching tribute to Halloween. The owl perches on the southern face and fits into the Halloween theme, too.


It was fun hunting for the witch. As I was taking photos, other people noticed, and soon there was a line to take the witch’s picture. 


What’s that saying? The devil (or in this case, the witch) is in the details.


🎂 🎃 ðŸŽ‚ 🎃 ðŸŽ‚ 🎃 ðŸŽ‚ 🎃 ðŸŽ‚ 🎃 ðŸŽ‚ 🎃 ðŸŽ‚ 🎃 ðŸŽ‚ 🎃 ðŸŽ‚ 🎃 ðŸŽ‚ 🎃 ðŸŽ‚


Today is the birthday for two very special men in my life who gave me some important firsts. My brother Mike, my first sibling and the one who made me a big sister. My son Patrick, my first child and the one who made me a mom. Forever grateful. Thank you, gentlemen!


No comments:

Post a Comment