Monday, October 17, 2022

street money {october 17, 2022}

The other day after hand delivering some tax forms, extra time was left on the parking meter, it was a beautiful day, so I used that time to stroll around downtown Dayton. It was a walk down memory lane from our year when we lived downtown and my big dog Ted and I would take our 2-3 times daily rambles. As Ted and I meandered, I would typically find coins on the street. During my recent walk, I kept my eyes out for street money. Just this year, downtown Dayton has upgraded to using a parking app to pay for parking so I wondered if technology would take away the amount of coins that fell from peoples' pockets or purses.

On my 30 minute walk, I found 18¢: 8 pennies and one dime. I smiled when I found the dime. I was walking past the Juvenile Court Building and during my time downtown, I never once found a coin around there. Always a lot of people in that area. But the other day, a dime sparkled in the sunshine. When my dad was alive, he found lots of dimes, so whenever I find a dime, it makes me think of my dad.




1 comment: