Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Celebration {Sari's Birthday}

In 1987, on a brutally cold winter day, I was in the hospital undergoing a non-stress test to see if my baby was healthy. In my heart, I knew she was, but the doctor wanted to make sure because she was so little. I didn't have to wear maternity clothes until I was 8 months along in my pregnancy. (And back in that day, that was a blessing as maternity clothes were so ugly!)

She is now 27, living in Brooklyn, and I do wish I could be with her to celebrate her birthday. But since she is there and I am here, she gets an original, cheesy birthday poem...


On this 21st day of January,
A little girl was born, her nickname is Sari.
The year was 1987,
Our first daughter, Todd and I were in heaven!
Sara is our second child,
Cute and sweet and a little bit wild!
Just wanted to take this moment to say,
Love you, honey, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!



Cheers to my birthday girl! 
(Check out the date on the milk)

No comments:

Post a Comment