Friday, August 23, 2013

Zucchini-palooza!

I grew zucchini for the first time ever this summer. From a few seeds sprang a zucchini jungle that took every inch of space and spread over the edges of the 8' x 8' garden that was its home. 





And boy, oh boy, did those plants produce! What to do with all this gorgeous zucchini? 

People who grow zucchini always give it away. "July is the only time of year when country people lock our cars in the church parking lot, so people don't put squash on the front seat. I used to think that was a joke." (Garrison Keillor). I did not want to be one of those people!

And I sure wasn't going to throw away these beautiful vegetables, planted and nurtured with love, and guarded with this god-awful, smelly concoction to keep the deer from having a feast!

This was my plan...rather than giving zucchini away, I made zucchini dishes to enjoy at home with family, to give away, or to share at gatherings. My goal was not to repeat a recipe and it worked...and it was fun!

Stay tuned...zucchini-palooza begins!


No comments:

Post a Comment