Last weekend, the whole family converged on Lake James for a few days on the water. It's the perfect central meeting spot: 2½ hours from Chicago, 3 hours from Cleveland, and 3 hours from Dayton.
I love waking up at the lake and being the first one up in the morning. Watching the sunrise is such a peaceful way to begin the day. The water is so still, with only a couple of boats already out pulling water skiers. The sun's golden rays reflect across the water, illuminating the sides of boats and the delicate spider webs woven along the docks.
Todd and I have been bringing our gang to Lake James since they were babies, and now our grandchildren have made their first visit to the lake. We spend our days in, on, and around the water. There's something about being at the lake that instantly helps you relax. For people with busy lives, lake living has a way of slowing you down, helping you breathe a little deeper and refocus on what matters. After a full day of swimming, boating, and fresh air, bedtime comes easily for everyone.
No trip to Lake James would be complete without a stop at Tom's Donuts. Since opening in 1970, Tom's has served up sweet treats for residents and visitors. AJ was especially happy with his blue donut covered in sprinkles!
Monday took me back to work for a busy day at the farm. Just before closing, a storm rolled in with little warning. Lightning, high winds, and pouring rain quickly made it unsafe to be outside. We rarely close early, but on Monday we sure did. The weather made it too hazardous to stay open.








I missed that something had happened to your car. How sad. From the photo, the damage does not look that bad, but if the car is older or has a lot of miles on it, the insurance company will write it off. I hope no one was hurt. The technology in newer cars is amazing.
ReplyDeleteLooks like some fun times on the water! I know that feeling of letting go of a car you've been driving for a long time. I had to get a new car a year and a half ago and I'm still missing the old one.
ReplyDelete