A couple of days ago, I took a walk around the neighborhood to clear my head, gather my thoughts, and get some little fresh air.
Sometimes a walk is just a walk. I put one foot in front of the other, drift into my thoughts, and before I know it, I'm back home.
Other times, a walk becomes a noticing walk.
This time, it was white flowers.
I saw the first one and then they seemed to appear everywhere.
Once again a walk made me appreciate how much beauty exists around us every day. Sometimes what's restorative or inspiring is right there, blooming in plain sight.
When we give ourselves permission to slow down, the world has a remarkable way of revealing its quiet gifts.
This wild potato vine is the first white flower that caught my eye. Look closely for the five-pointed star.
The common white clover. Pollinators love these flowers.
Make a wish or two...
Queen Anne's Lace...seen on a piece of land that was once an open field and now a building site for a large home.
Begonias
Sweet daisies...I remember making daisy chain necklaces in my much younger days. I'll have to plant some daisies at my son and daughter-in-law's house so the grandkids and I can make daisy crowns and daisy necklaces.









Sometimes I need to slow down and see what is around me.
ReplyDelete