Thursday, September 16, 2021

birthday {september 16, 2021}

“Let us never know what old age is. Let us know the happiness time brings, not count the years.”

~Ausonius


My happy birthday celebration…spending the day working at my friend’s farmer’s market. For me, nothing better than being outside on a gorgeous, blue sky, end-of summer day, surrounded by friends, chatting with customers about what their plans are with the veggies they’re buying, going out to the field to pick okra and hot peppers, watching the monarch butterflies flit among the zinnias as they migrate south, hanging with Bear, and anxiously waiting for news of the birth of the owner’s 5th grand baby. Naturally I’m hoping for today. I would love to share a birthday with this sweet little lady! (My prediction: 11:59 p.m., September 16)


View from the office

Have a peachy day!

Peppers galore!

Sweet 1 year old Bear 💜
                                                                             
Perpetual sunflowers

Untamed zinnias

You belong among the wildflowers

The celebration continues with dinner at a newly opened Italian restaurant with my husband and son. Penne arrabbiata, which I asked them to tone down the spice level. Toned down still blew out my mouth; a side of Alfredo sauce helped immensely. 


Life is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment