Sunday, March 16, 2014

In a Pretty Pickle ~

Most of the walls in my house follow a neutral palette: Urban Putty, Bungalow Beige, and Medici Ivory to name a few. When you walk into these rooms, the furniture, the accessories, and the art work are what catch your eye rather than the wall color.

My kitchen is another story. Walk into there and your eyes are greeted by walls that are painted Dill Pickle. Yep, that’s right. Dill. Pickle. 

The color is fun but sophisticated, whimsical but not childish. It’s a color for all seasons. It’s a fresh, crisp green with a touch of yellow, giving a nod to spring and summer. It gives a splash of zing as the autumn reds and golds turn to brown and it keeps that sunshiny feeling as the days shorten and the winter landscape turns gray. It’s a year ‘round happy color.

I spend the majority of my time in my kitchen. It’s the heart of my home where lots of meals and lots of memories have been made. 

And it’s the one place where I love being in a pickle.







My two brown boys...supervisors, floor cleaners, companions ~



1 comment: